Electric shock at the supermarket checkout? Four-year-old boy in Hamburg dies in the supermarket

Boy (4) in Hamburg dies in the supermarket - electric shock at the cash register?
A tragic incident occurred in a supermarket in Hamburg. A four-year-old who was shopping there with his father was suddenly lifeless on the floor, according to media reports. A rushed emergency doctor could no longer save the boy. The father said that his son had previously suffered an electric shock at the cash register.

Four-year-old boy dies at the supermarket checkout
A tragic accident happened in the Harburg district of Hamburg a few weeks ago: A four-year-old boy, who was shopping with his father, suddenly fell lifeless at the supermarket checkout. A rushed emergency doctor tried to save the little boy's life - to no avail. The incident, reported by the "Bild" newspaper, already occurred on May 31, but has only now become known. While it is still unclear why the drama occurred, the report says the child's father said the boy was electrocuted at the checkout counter in the market. The supermarket boss told the "Bild" about the death: "I can not explain it." According to the information, the homicide commission is now to shed light on the situation. Prosecutor spokeswoman Nana Frombach told the newspaper, "We're also looking into the possibility that the boy was electrocuted."

Call emergency services if there are immediate complaints
Electric shock can have dramatic consequences for people. Among other things, life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias can occur, which sometimes lead to ventricular fibrillation. Then the heart beats so fast that it no longer effectively pumps blood into the circulation. The consequence can be cardiac arrest. In addition, there is a risk of the lungs muscles tightening due to the current, which in the worst case can lead to respiratory arrest. Health experts advise going to the doctor after an electric shock, even if you are supposed to be doing well.

Cardiac arrhythmias can also occur late. However, if you experience symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath or cramps in your chest immediately after an electric shock, the emergency services must be called immediately. (ad)

Author and source information

Video: Boy, 4, dies after being electrocuted by faulty till while helping dad pack bags - News Live (January 2022).